Details: We send 1-3 emails per month on events and other significant happenings at Canine Assistants. We will not sell or give your email to any other person or organization. There will be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.
Local Volunteer Program - limited to the Atlanta area
Volunteers play a vital role in our day-to-day operations at Canine Assistants. We have a wonderful team of volunteers that we heavily rely on, and we're so grateful for the dedication that they show on a daily basis.
At Canine Assistants, volunteers help us greatly in all of the following areas:
- grooming dogs to keep them healthy and beautiful.
- reinforcing cues and taking dogs on public outings. Outings are
instrumental in exposing our dogs to a variety of environments which
they will encounter when placed with a recipient.
- Over night or weekend visits to help dogs acclimate to different home environments.
- In the foster program, volunteers are assigned a puppy at 7 weeks old that
they work with a consistent basis until the dog graduates at around 18 months
to 2 years old. Volunteer fosters provide invaluable help to the dog instructing
staff with socialization, exercise, and basic training, but they do not keep
the dog on a full-time basis.
- Daily care and upkeep of our 0-7 week old puppies. Nursery team volunteers
take the baby puppies on "mini" outings and work on socialization as well.
Animal Assisted Education and Therapy -
Give informational presentations about Canine Assistants to community organizations, education facilities, which includes a disability awareness presentations for children
Participate in animal assisted therapy sessions at assisted living facilities, hospitals, and physical rehabilitation centers
Participate in the K-9 Kids Reading Program
Special events - staff informational tables or booths and participate in fundraisers.
Cleaning and maintenance
- helping us stay neat and tidy by cleaning crates, kennels, and yards. Also helping with special maintenance and grounds keeping projects.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Canine Assistants Volunteer team. Our next series of classes will be offered in the Fall 2017. Please visit our website in the Fall for complete details.
Thank you again and I look forward to meeting you.