How is my donation to Canine Assistants used?
- Sponsors Dog Teams.
- Dog Team SponsorshipsService dog or seizure dog team sponsorships are instrumental in providing the necessary care (general and veterinary) and training that our dogs require while at our facility. Should you or your organization choose to sponsor a dog team, you will receive information about your dog and his or her recipient. You will also be invited to attend a training camp graduation ceremony, where you can meet the dog and his or her recipient in person. Needless to say, it is quite a rewarding experience to witness a dog and recipient receiving their diplomas together!
- Sponsors Training Camps.
- Training Camp Sponsorships
Sponsorships are also available for our two-week training camps, where recipients come to our facility, meet their service or seizure dog, and receive the necessary training. Training camps are offered approximately six times a year and the costs associated with each are significant. Expenses for each recipient include, but are not limited to, food, lodging, travel, outings, equipment, and supplies. We do not charge our recipients any fees, since doing so would place our services out of the reach of those who need us most. Instead, we rely on the generosity of individuals, foundations, and corporations to continue our efforts.
- Provides after care for our service dog teams.
- Provides funding for our Noah Elliot Stowers Center for Animal Assisted Education.
- Provides funding for our K-9 Kids Reading Program.
- Provides training for our volunteers.
What are the different ways to make a donation?
- Make your gift online.
Canine Assistants uses a third party vendor to secure your online gifts.
If you have having difficulty with an online donation, please call Grace Murphy, our Director of Development, at 770-664-7178, ext. 202.
- Make your gift by mail.
If you wish to send us your gift through standard mail, please send it to the following address:Canine Assistants
Attn: Grace Murphy
3160 Francis Road
Milton, GA 30004* You may also reply to any of the mailings we send you requesting your annual support.
- Make your gift by phone or receive information via email.
If you would like to speak to the development staff about a gift or pledge, please call us weekdays from 8am to 5pm E.S.T. at 800-771-7221 ext 202. You may also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matching Gift Program.
Matching gifts are an easy way to support Canine Assistants. If you or your spouse’s employer has a matching gift program please remember to submit a request to your company. By doing this you could potentially double the value of your gift to Canine Assistants. Please use the link below to check if your employer will match your gift.If you have any questions about how to get your gift matched please contact the development office at 800 771-7221 ext 202. or via email at email@example.com.
- Gift in Kind.
Canine Assistants appreciates selected Gifts in Kind and will provide the appropriate receipt for any selected donation. Values of such gifts are not determined by Canine Assistants, instead donors should look to their own experts to determine the proper value of the donated gift.
- Gift of Stock
To make a gift of stock please use the following account:
- Sponsor A Service Dog.
How much of my donation goes to directly to support Canine Assistants programs?
- Canine Assistants has a very low overhead, about 7%, which means that when you donate to our organization 93% of your money goes directly to help us teach, feed and care for our dogs. We will also use your support to cover the travel, lodging and food costs for an individual to come to our facilities in Milton, GA to receive their service dog. It is very important to Canine Assistants that all funding is directed to where it is needed most and that the wishes of our donors are met with honesty, confidence and transparency.
Is my donation tax deductible?
- Yes, your gift to Canine Assistants is tax deductible provided that you do not receive a good or service in exchange for your donation. Once processed Canine Assistants will send you a receipt for your contribution. Thank you for your support.
Do you share or sell your donor or mailing lists?